IHSS AnD CHCBS Services
What are Children's Home and Community Based Services? (CHCBS)
CHCBS in Colorado is an in-home support and community based service for children who are in need of medical care and who without this medical care would be at risk for hospitalization or other institutional care. This Medicaid Waiver Program is for children (18 years and under) with chronic health care needs who would not otherwise be eligible for Medicaid due to parental income and/or resources.
Parents and children who are willing to receive care services within their community or home qualify for Colorado CHCBS services, though usually these services are performed by the parent themselves. Financially the child must also meet the program criteria below.
Level of Care
- Your child must be in need of long-term medical care at a level comparable to services typically provided in a hospital and/or skilled nursing facility.
- Your child must meet the Social Security Administration (SSA) definition of disability.
- Your child must be under 18 years of age.
- Your child’s income must be less than three times the current Federal Supplemental Security Income (SSI) limit per month (See SSI website for current information) and the childs financial resources must be under $2,000.
CHCBS in Colorado Services include the following:
- Bathing, skin care, hair care, nail care, mouth care, shaving, dressing, feeding, ambulation, assistance with exercise, transfers, positioning, bladder care, bowel care, respiratory care.
We Pay Our Parents
$20 per hour for CHCBS for children in Colorado
We are known for paying the highest rates in Colorado. All IHSS agencies pay differently.
What is In Home Supportive Services ? (IHSS)
IHSS in Colorado allows spouses, parents, children, relatives or friends to get financially reimbursed for the care they provide to their loved ones. IHSS is a Colorado Medicaid program that helps elderly, blind and disabled people to safely remain in their own homes when they are not able to fully care for themselves or handle routine household tasks.
Our Colorado IHSS Services include the following:
- Bathing, skin care, hair care, nail care, mouth care, shaving, dressing, feeding, ambulation, assistance with exercise, transfers, positioning, bladder care, bowel care, medication reminding, respiratory care, accompanying to medical appointments and protective oversight.