Spectrum/Scope of Care (what they do)
- Provides full/all Spectrum/Scope of care that Homemakers + PCW care workers provide + more below.
- CNA's have a very large spectrum of care. Their care is distinctive in the fact that not only can they provide personal care, but also medical care within their scope of practice.
- Full assistance in ambulation (walking), transfers, turning, and movement of any kind
- Assists with registered nurses to perform medical and non-medical functions
- Observe client responses to treatment, report changes to licensed nurse
- Can administer medications if QMAP Certified (this is an extra cost, see bottom of page for clear costs), otherwise medication reminders
- Home Safety and Documentation
- Vital Signs (pulse, respiration's, temperature, and others)
- Intake and output record keeping
- Recognizing and responding to Challenging Behaviors
- Mechanical Lifts/Range of Motion/Lifting/Turning
- Catheter Care and other medical care
- Medical record keeping
- Dementia and Alzheimer specialization care